Sutherland Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article in the National Enquirer

Go down

Article in the National Enquirer Empty Article in the National Enquirer

Post by kieferfan13 Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:11 pm

Bob Burns 'National Enquirer' wrote:

KIEFER STANDS TALL IN DUI PRISON PLEA!

TV tough guy takes blame & 7 WEEKS IN JAIL

TV star Kiefer Sutherland took it like his tough secret agent character Jack Bauer would - strong and silent - when he was clobbered with a 48-day kail sentence for DUI.

Unlike pampered rich-girl Paris Hilton, who was a hysterical mess - crying for her mommy and demanding celebrity treatment as she was dragged off to jail for her driving crimes - Kiefer accepted his sentence without flinching and admitted his mistakes.

"I'm very disappointed in myself for the poor judgement I exhibited recently, and I'm deeply sorry for the disappointment and distress this has caused my family, friends and co-workers," says the 40-year-old star of FOX's thrill-a-minute action series, 24.

The actor had left a party at Area Nightclub promoting his megahit show and was busted after making an illegal U-turn in West Hollywood on Sept.25. A field sobriety test revealed his blood-alcohol level at twice the legal limit and he was also on probation for a DUI less than three years ago.

But instead of trying to get off the hook, the actor admitted he was boozed up and asked to plead no contest. His only concern was for the courts to arrange his punishment sp it wouldn't affect the people who depend on his TV show to earn their living. He even agreed to take more prison time to prevent problems for his co-workers.

Famed Beverly Hills psychologist Dr. Lillian Glass lauded Kiefer for his stance. She says the actor's actions are unheard of in present-day Hollywood where celebrities like Hilton and her Simple Life co-star Nicole Richie "practically whined their way" to jail.

"Kiefer Sutherland should be saluted for accepting responsibility for his actions," says Glass. "Unlike other stars who aren't willing to face the music, he wants not just to be punished in a meaningful way. This shows his level of maturity."

Kiefer's plea deal would break his sentence into two stints and still has to be approved by the judge, who will sentence him on Dec. 21.

He asked to be taken that day - the same day the show begins its winter break - to the Los Angeles Central Men's Jail to serve 18 days for his probation violation. And in June, when the show is on hiatus, he hopes to begin a 30-day stretch for the DUI offense. Kiefer also agreed to enroll in an 18-month alcohol-education class and attend weekly therapy sessions for six months. His FOX bosses applauded him, saying, "He told us that even if he had to sacrifice more time in custody in order to protect the show and the jobs of those who work with him, he would do so,"

"From what occured today, it is evident he is a man of his word,"

Now I dont know about you all but its about time someone recognizes what a great person Kiefer is. He deserve more than an applause he deserves a standing ovation. He commited a wrong and instead of crying and acting like a spoiled celebrity he took it like a man
Hollywood should be thanking Kiefer for being a REAL MAN and not another Paris Hilton.
kieferfan13
kieferfan13
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-09-23

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down